Karl Richter Center
920 Baird Street
Holly, MI 48442
Tuesday at 10am
To volunteer: Email Us
Blessings in a Backpack Holly was started in November 2014 for the children attending Holly Area Schools. The program is now in the process of sending backpacks of food home every weekend at all four of the Elementary Schools in the Holly Area School District. This program is a community-based program and is run completely by volunteers to improve the quality of life for over 1,500 “hunger-insecure” children in the Holly area.
Fundraising is on-going to continue and expand the program to all the children in our community that are hungry on the weekends. $155 provides food for one child every weekend throughout the school year. Thanks to our generous family, friends, neighbors, and community partners, this year we have been able to offer the program to all our elementary schools.
We are now providing food to over 375 children each weekend and must raise over $60,000 each year to allow us to keep offering this critical program.
Bowling for Backpacks
Sunday, March 3rd, 2024
Join us for another fun afternoon bowling to raise funds for the Blessings in a Backpack-Holly program. This is our ninth annual event and we welcome bowlers of all ages and experience. Form you team with family, friends, neighbors, co-workers or fellow students. If you do not have enough for a team we will pair you with others who want to join us for the afternoon.
The afternoon includes two-hours of bowling, shoes, pizza and soda. We will also be having a bake sale, 50/50 raffle and basket raffle. Get your tickets early as this event sells out every year. For Tickets contact Karen at email@example.com.
There are also opportunities to sponsor a lane by selecting Gold, Silver or Bronze Lane Sponsorships. Full details are provided on the Events Page.
Save the Dates
9th Annual Golfing FORE! Backpacks
September 14, 2024
Fenton Farms Golf Club was a wonderful host to our event last fall so we are returning to Farms Golf Club for our annual golf event for 2024. The format again will be a scramble. Save the date and start thinking of who will round out your foursome. Check back for the event flyer for team reservations and sponsorship opportunities in the coming months.
More volunteers and community partners are needed to expand and maintain this program in Holly. To learn more or become involved read more…
- Join our team – ask to be added to our distribution list and/or join in our monthly meetings
- Join one of our Key Fundraising Events – as a participant, a sponsor, or provide a donation for auction or raffle
- ‘Bowling for Backpacks’ – held each March at Holly Lanes
- ‘Golfing Fore Backpacks’ – held each September, this golf scramble is our largest fundraising event and is very critical to our success!
- Trivia Night – typically held each Fall
- Additional events are being planned, watch for updates and more event details!
- Organize / hold a fund-raising event and donate the proceeds to our program
- Make a donation – a one-time donation or become a full-time supporter through payroll deductions or monthly donations.
If you do not have time to volunteer, you can still support this program financially. Please donate to Blessings in a Backpack-Holly by clicking the DONATE NOW button.
Please help us continue and expand this much needed program in Holly!